Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Brandon had the day off from school on my birthday, so I decided to have him watch Ashley for an hour while I went and had my hair cut. I found a girl in my ward that cuts hair and she lives just down the street, so it is pretty convenient and inexpensive. I hadn't had my hair cut in 7 or 8 months, so I was at the "I can't take it anymore" stage. I had been thinking about it for a couple weeks and decided to go pretty dramatic. Here are the before and after pictures:

Before


After

So I think I took off about 12 inches of hair from the longest point. It took me a few days, but I think I am finally used to it. Brandon was a little bit in shock, it was a bit shorter than we had discussed, but he is getting used to it too. He will probably like it better in a month or two when it has grown out a bit. It has been really fun to have a change.

I decided to use my birthday money to purchase a photo scanner. I've been having fun looking through old pictures and getting them scanned into the computer. I'll have to share some of my favorites on a later post.

7 comments:

Kym said...

Sometimes it is fun to get a dramatic hair cut. I went to visit my friend in Colorado in November and decided to dramatically cut my hair. I also cut 12 inches off. I didn't tell my husband how short I had cut it until he picked me up at the airport. He was a bit shocked and it took him a few days to get used to it. Shorter hair has been so nice though! It is so much easier to take care of!! I love your haircut, you look cute!!

Jenny said...

I love your hair cut! Who cut it?

Rochelle said...

I really like the haircut. It looks cute.

Laurel said...

Your hair looks so cute! I love it. I bet it saves you tons of time having it cut shorter.

Wendi said...

Fun, I love changing my hair too!! Glad you had a fun birthday.

Anonymous said...

I think it rocks. It looks fantastic around your face. I may be joining your short hair club if I can't get mine healthier. Love you guts!

Stacy Risenmay said...

I found you through your sisters' blogs. LOVE the hair!!!