Monday, May 18, 2009

Nesting & Cookies

So I have been nesting like crazy at my house. I am happy to report that I finished up the kids room today. All of the baby clothes/blankets I have for the first few months have been washed and put in the dresser ready to go. I have gone through all of Ashley's old clothes and separated out everything that needs to go back to Sara (thanks again Justin and Sara for letting us borrow so many clothes). I just need to wait until our last trip to Pocatello in July before I can completely finish everything because I have some baby stuff waiting for me there. The part that makes this so bad is the fact that I still have 3 months left until the baby is born. What can I say, I'm a Buck.

So, since the kid's room is done, I have my sights set on the rest of our apartment. I have resumed scanning old picture slides from Grandma Woodbury, which is so much fun. I love looking at all those old photographs. Since we will be moving this October, Brandon and I are trying to prepare everything right now to make that move go as smoothly as possible.

On a side note, I have a story about Ashley that Brandon and I thought was hilarious. Yesterday while I was baking some sugar cookies, Brandon and Ashley came into the kitchen to rummage through our pantry for a snack. Ashley spotted our double stuffed Oreo cookies (they were on sale) and started saying, "Cookie, cookie" over and over again. Brandon looked over at me and asked, "Should I give her a cookie?" to which Ashley exclaimed, "YA!" It cracked us both up so much that we couldn't resist giving her a cookie or two before dinner. We are such suckers.

3 comments:

Wendi said...

Cute - I love the Ashley story. But hey you don't have to justify having Double Stuffed Oreo. Whenever I see oreos I think of you, but they have to be the double stuffed.

Anonymous said...

I want a cd of the pictures from grandma you are scanning in... I should have the pictures from our childhood album scanned in and a copy for everyone for the reunion in June.

Candice Buck Durfee said...

Yes, I am planning on giving everyone a cd with all of the woodbury pictures I have at the family reunion also.