Wednesday, October 14, 2009

We've found a new home



Brandon and I found a place to rent in Chubbuck. We are really excited to have that part of our move taken care of. Brandon received a phone call on Monday from a lady that we had been corresponding with regarding a place to live. She and her husband own several rental properties. Some friends of ours from our old ward were renting from then and said they were great landlords, so we got in touch with them to see if they had anything available. Initially we were going to rent our friends old place, then another property came available and was bigger so we thought we would rent that. Both of them fell through.

Anyway, the lady called Brandon on Monday and told him that she had another place available. It turns out that it is just down the road from our old house. Rochelle went and looked at it for us on Tuesday (thanks again, sis) and the house is in really good condition. So we put a deposit down on it today (again, thanks Rochelle for delivery our deposit check). It is a 3 bedroom 1 bath with a fenced back yard. It has brand new carpet and linoleum and new paint. The funniest (and maybe the best) part of it all is the floor plan is almost exactly the same as our old house. I loved the floor plan of our old house, so I am particularly excited about that.

Brandon and I are both feeling very relieved to have found a great house for the price we wanted to pay. I'm feeling a little anxious about moving back to our old ward, lets just say I don't have a great rapport with most of the women in there, but it is what it is. Hopefully this will be an opportunity to do some mending...

Wish us luck as we move during the next week, we've got a lot going on!








House from the front, Gavin doesn't come with the house.


House from the back, we are so excited for a backyard!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think Gavin should come with the house... :)

Laurel said...

I am so glad that you were able to find a place! That is a relief, I am sure. It will be fun to see you and your little babe (Cody) when we come to Pocatello for Thanksgiving!

Jenny said...

I'm glad you found a place to move in to back in Idaho. I'm sure going to miss you though. Come back and visit when Brandon has to come down for school.