Saturday, May 30, 2009

UGGGGH!!

So, I've been working on getting a bunch of old picture slides from Grandma Woodbury scanned and ready to go in time for the big family reunion. There are quite a few, and because they are slides they take longer to scan than a regular picture. I've been pulling them out and working on them for an hour or so in the evening after Ashley goes to sleep so that I can get through all of them. Today I decided to finish them up during Ashley's afternoon nap. I was feeling really excited, HOORAY!, that I had finally gotten through all of them.

While I was scanning the very LAST set, I realized that I had been scanning them in the wrong direction. I literally was pulling out my blank CDs to make copies for everyone when I figured that out. A handful of the pictures that are landscape layout are fine, but everything that is in portrait layout I have to rescan, so basically I'm starting completely over. Uggggh!!! It has been an emotional couple of days, this just puts me right over the edge!

On a good note, my laundry is under control, my kitchen is clean, and dinner is cooking in the crockpot for tonight. Were it not for those small things, I think I might go completely insane.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

If you haven't already rescanned them, many times you can rotate them in your photo album on the computer or in "preview" mode of your scanner. If you want, I could look at it, if you want. Let me know. Good luck!

Candice Buck Durfee said...

Unfortunaley, slides scan in differently than regular pictures, so rotating them doesn't fix the problem. Not to worry, I stayed up late last night and got most of them redone. I've got a handful of slides that are giving me trouble, so I will tackle those later.