Wednesday, July 29, 2009

5 ways you know that you are due soon...

It's official, I'm due in 1 month! And thank goodness because my body is really tired. In celebration I have composed a not surprising list of ways that you know your due date is around the corner:

5) When you wake up in the morning and your body feels more tired than it did when you went to sleep. And your calves are sore from the charlie horse you had during the night.

4) You lost the ability to see you toes while standing months ago. Now however, you can't even reach them while sitting. That's right, it doesn't matter which direction you try to contort your leg, you can't reach them anymore, so just quit trying. That means that your wonderful hubby is now charged with maintaining your feet. Yay for hubbies who are willing to clip and paint toenails and throw in a foot rub just because they love you, and yes maybe sometimes because you scare them.

3) Despite efforts to gain only the appropriate amount of weight, your maternity clothes are almost too small. You are now down to 1 pair of shorts and a couple shirts that you wear most days of the week. The sad part is, it doesn't bother you that you smell funny, it's not like you look that great anyway.

2) Even on the off chance that you might feel like snuggling, you can't do it effectively because you can't reach your husband over your belly. It's just as well, snuggling restricts your already difficult breathing anyway. Better to just ask for a back rub.

1) Your daughter frequently runs into your belly because she isn't used to you being that large. And yes, she may occasionally become pinned between you and the wall.



I had a doctors appointment on Monday. I brought Ashley with me as usual, thinking it would just be the routine take measurements and send you on your way. When we got there, the A/C in the waiting room was broken. Yes, you heard me correctly, an OB Gyn office in Vegas with a room full of pregnant women had non-working air conditioning. Typically the wait time isn't too bad, they get you in and out pretty quickly, but lucky me, my doctor had to be delivering a baby at the time I arrived. So I waited in a really hot room for an hour and 20 minutes while they cleared everyone else in the room.

Ashley was really well behaved the entire time. She must have seen the threat of me losing it lingering in my eyes. She did, however, poop her diaper while we were waiting. The bathroom didn't have a place for me to change her, so I had to lay a bunch of paper towels down and lay her on the floor. HATE that! I didn't come prepared for a poopy diaper, meaning I didn't bring a plastic bag with me, and I couldn't leave that smelly thing in the bathroom right off the the waiting room, I was waiting after all, so you guessed it, I wrapped it up in a paper towel and put it in my purse. HATE that even more.

When they finally got me back to an exam room, I think it was pretty obviously how frustrated I was, that waiting room was really hot! So they got to me really quick. Much to my surprise, I was supposed to have my Strep B test. Had I known, I would have found someone to watch Ashley. She was actually really well behaved. She usually cries whenever the nurse or doctor touch me, but she did great. Since I was already half naked, the doctor checked my cervix too. I am dilated to a 1 and 50% effaced. Hooray! It isn't much, and I could be stuck there for weeks, but at least it is something and I know my body has plans to deliver this baby. I'm not going to be pregnant forever afterall. I just got to make it a few more weeks.

5 comments:

Laurel said...

You are funny. I hope you aren't scaring Brandon too much! ha ha Hope the next month passes quickly for you. The last month can be the worst! (I say that with empathy.)

Kym said...

You just described exactly how I felt 2 months ago! After I had my son I was so ecstatically happy just to be able to bend enough to paint my own toenails and shave my legs! It doesn't take much to please a recently pregnant woman!
I hope these next few weeks go well for you!!

Jenny said...

This post made me laugh and in the back of my mind remind me what I have to look forward took a few months from now. And I hope the A/C is fixed by the time I have my appt. in a few days :)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up... love you!

Wendi said...

You are hilarious. I totally loved your five ways... especially being scared of you. Good luck on your last month.